All 7 art Reviews

Cosmic Star Flower Cosmic Star Flower

Too bright

I think the colours here are extremely bright - too bright for my taste. Lowering the brightness would work really well here. I understand your concern about it blending in too much to the background; perhaps you could just use a simpler, less starry background?

also I'm not exactly a fan of the five-point star being together with the two 4-point stars, it doesn't seem to work extremely well. Maybe a 6-point star or two 3-point stars would work better.

Despite all that this is still an extremely beautiful image, especially combined with the background and the numerous stages of postprocessing which I don't normally do. Good work!

Chronamut responds:

thanks man - enough people like it that I am not really going to change it :)

thanks for the review!

-shawn-

Tri Color Tri Color

Spotting a few problems

I can clearly see the different fractals used here and they go together rather well, but what's with the glare I'm seeing on the red one? It looks extremely out of place here and shouldn't be there. also the rainbow ring was a pretty nice addition but the obviousness of it seemed extremely out of place. A fatter and more transparent ring would work better here.

Overall it's a pretty nice picture but wasn't done right in little places.

Just a suggestion, you might want to look into using apophysis. The fractal flame filter in GIMP is actually exactly the same as Apophysis but extremely limited in features. If you want to look into creating more complex fractal flames you will want to look into it.

Medallion Medallion

Interesting.

This fractal is rather interesting although there are, actually, many drawbacks to this.

Fractals of this style tend to rely on symmetry to look good, which this fractal as somehow lost. The spiked outer ring looks really strange as the spikes aren't appearing regularly. The four circles in the inner ring are pretty strange as the triangle inside them is pointing to the inside half the time, outside in the other half. The big triangle also looks really bad, it would have been better off if made invisible. Plus the fact that there are three spikes for every four circles it just seems to lose its symmetry.

I would think your julian transform needs to have its power changed to 3 and rotated slightly, that would be a much better way to do this.

Heavenly Geometry Heavenly Geometry

WHOA DAMN

This is a really great fractal! There are a few problems I have with this, though, mainly the large empty center. There wasn't a lot going on inside it so I thought it wasted quite a ot of space. Another would be its off-center positioning. Any fractal that has a discernable center should be positioned either centered or very off center (to the point where the center can only be partly seen).

I would think this fractal would look much better if it were zoomed out around 1.5x to 2x, that way the huge circle won't take up that much space, and I might be able to see some other extra things that seem to have been cut off here.

Caged Essence Caged Essence

Ten of them?

Dang.

This would be great but there is so much pre_blur here, it kind of detracts from everything.

Nanakisan responds:

well the improved version Cage of Light would have been what i submitted but i lost the original file. also yes this was the first along the orb series i did experimenting with pre_blue and the DOF function.

Glow Sparks Glow Sparks

Too bright

There's too much glow in my opinion; more colours and less glow would probably work wonders to this. It's still a great piece though!

khote responds:

thanks

MegaMan MegaMan

Oh my gosh.

It's megaman EXACTLY AS I REMEMBER HIM. Beautiful remake.